MBCT for teachers
As mindfulness becomes more main stream, many teachers are now seeing the potential benefits for themselves as well as their students. Mindfulness helps teachers handle stress better and become more tuned into their students. It also helps students behave better and improves concentration.
In order for teachers to effectively teach their students mindfulness, they need a strong understanding of what mindfulness actually is. This is gained through their own experience by practicing mindfulness.
We offer teachers the evidence based program known as Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), which is one of the prerequisites for applying to a mindfulness program designed to teach students (such as the Teach .b Program or Mindful Schools Curriculum).
The MBCT program was originally designed as a treatment for preventing relapse in depression. However, studies have shown that this course can benefit anyone, not just those with a history of anxiety or depression.
Practicing mindfulness is a great way to reduce stress and improve overall well-being. It is a method that can be utilized both personally as well as professionally in the classroom with students.
The MBCT course will benefit anyone who would like to:
• Spend less time worrying
• Increase their confidence
• Deal with difficult emotions better
• Handle stressful situations more effectively
• Sleep soundly and have more energy
• Be fully present, in the moment
• Have the ability to relax and take time for themselves
• Lead a calm inner life among outer chaos
During the MBCT course we will be learning how to recognize habitual mental patterns and how to change our responses to them through practicing mindfulness. In order to achieve the most benefit out of the course, there is a strong emphasis on committing to practicing mindfulness daily at home using the guided audio meditations.
The program consists of 8 lessons lasting two hours each, plus an extra silent half-day retreat. The course includes the following components:
• Telephone intake
• Guided mindfulness meditation during each class
• Guided instruction in mindful walking/movement
• Group discussions and ‘mindful’ sharing of experiences
• Inquiry into what you are experiencing at home and within each class
• Theoretical examination of how thoughts and emotions play a role in stress response
• Discourses on how to increase focused awareness within your daily life
• Workbook and audio downloads to assist in daily practice
€550 excluding BTW per person.
Courses for international schools are usually held at the school.
For more information contact:
Debby Poort, B.A. Psychology
T: + 31 (0) 6 42 63 68 82