What is MBCT?
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) is a widely studied, evidence based group course combining mindfulness techniques with elements from cognitive therapy. It was originally designed as a treatment for preventing relapse in depression. However, it is also suitable for anyone interested in relating differently to their thoughts and feelings, reducing stress and anxiety, and improving well-being.
Mindfulness is a way of paying attention to the present moment using mind-body awareness techniques such as meditation, breathing and movement. It helps us become more aware of our thoughts and feelings so that we are better able to understand and manage them, thus reducing emotional stress and creating a sense of calm.
The MBCT course will benefit anyone who would like to:
• Spend less time worrying
• Increase their confidence
• Deal with difficult emotions better
• Handle stressful situations more effectively
• Sleep soundly and have more energy
• Be fully present, in the moment
• Have the ability to relax and take time for themselves
• Lead a calm inner life among outer chaos
During the MBCT course we will be learning how to recognize habitual mental patterns and how to change our responses to them through practicing mindfulness.
In order to achieve the most benefit out of the course, there is a strong emphasis on committing to practicing mindfulness daily at home using the guided audio meditations provided.
The program consists of 9 lessons lasting two hours each, plus an extra silent half-day retreat. The course includes the following components:
• Telephone intake
• Guided mindfulness meditation during each class
• Guided instruction in mindful walking/movement
• Group discussions and ‘mindful’ sharing of experiences
• Inquiry into what you are experiencing at home and within each class
• Theoretical examination of how thoughts and emotions play a role in stress response
• Discourses on how to increase focused awareness within your daily life
• Workbook and audio downloads to assist in daily practice
To sign up, please contact Debby at email@example.com
€425 including BTW for private individuals
€550 excluding BTW per person for businesses
The registration fee is fully refundable up to two weeks before the start date of the course. If unforeseen circumstances prevent you from cancelling within two weeks of the start date, you are welcome to attend another course within 12 months of the registration date instead. However, if you cancel within 72 hours or fail to show up for the course, there will be a €100 transfer fee applied. All courses are enrolled on a first come, first served basis.