Debby was born and raised in America and relocated to The Netherlands in 2000. Before moving abroad she studied at Wheaton College, Norton, Massachusetts, USA where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree with honors in Psychology.
Her journey into the field of mindfulness began in 2007 out of a personal interest in learning strategies to reduce stress and anxiety while improving emotional resilience. After extensive literature research into the scientific evidence behind mindfulness, she began meditating and discovered for herself the benefits.
Debby began her training in Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy in 2010 and sees herself as a lifelong student, constantly learning new things through her daily mindfulness practice.
Aside from teaching mindfulness, Debby also runs a private psychotherapy practice, Yellow Wood. Her practice was established for the expat community in the Amsterdam, Amstelveen area. She’s a member of the stichting RBCZ and a full A-member of the Vereniging van Integraal Therapeuten (VIT) where she takes part in continued education courses and peer supervision (intervisie).
• Full day master class with Jon Kabat-Zinn, April 2015
• Full day master class with Dr. Daniel Siegel, April 2015
• Teach .b certification course, Mindfulness in Schools Project, March 2013
• Five day silent insight meditation retreat with Christina Feldman and John Peacock, March 2012
• Mindful Schools curriculum training, Mindful Schools, July 2011
• Teacher training in MBCT, See True Mindfulness Opleiding, April – Nov. 2010
• Eight week course in MBCT, See True Mindfulness Training, January – March 2010
• Integrative psychotherapy degree, Nederlandse Academie voor Psychotherapie, 2009
• Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Wheaton College, 1997